What is the most difficult thing for a first year teacher?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Pay Attention" on Teacher Tube

We watched a video called "Pay Attention" on Teacher Tube. I found it very interesting and mind opening. It reminded me that children are born into a world of technology, so they can adapt to it more quickly than most adults. Also, it made me think that they have a right to learn how to use it at school as well as have access to it. We know that young children learn through interaction, and I believe the technology can help us accomplish this. In addition, I was surprised of the statistics the video gave about the amounts of time 4-6 year olds spend with technology each day. I would love for my students to access to the smart board in preschool as well as multiple computers. I believe they could benefit from games, puzzles, videos, calendar, music, and stories provided on each.

No comments:

Post a Comment