What is the most difficult thing for a first year teacher?

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Welcome

Hello! My name is Amanda Chambers, and I'm a senior at UT in the Early Childhood Education program. I will be licensed to teacher Pre-K and kindergarten. I'm currently learning how to incorporate more technology into the classroom. Even though my students are not yet able to read or write, I know how important the use of daily technology in the classroom is for them. I feel they should become familiar with it and very comfortable at a young age, because they are the next generation, which will take us to new levels of technology and it's abilities. During my internship, I spend several weeks in a kindergarten classroom, which daily used a promethean board (can be compared to a smart board). I was very nervous about using this with the students, but I had never seen or used one before. However, the five and six year old students always knew and could tell me exactly what I was doing wrong. Young children gain vast amounts of knowledge each day and technology is apart of that, which for most seems to come with ease. This is a skill I wish I had. In comparison, I have less skills and patience, but I hope to instill in them the importance and endless abilities technology can bring us in our classroom and in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment