What is the most difficult thing for a first year teacher?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Website Evaluation Reflection




I evaluated starfall.com, which I have seen used daily in both Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms. The site includes games, lessons on letters and their sounds, stories, and information and games about holidays. I was very impressed with the site, including the authors, cost, accessibility, reasoning for publishing, and design. The site is created by a team, which includes educators, artists, designers, and engineers. They stated that their intent in publishing a free public site was to motivate students about phonics and reading. It is obvious to me that the team considered young children when they created the site, because it has limited choices, easy access, and loads quickly. I found this site to be highly recommended, and now that I have evaluated the site, I feel comfortable using it in my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment